Opportunities in South Asia: Uttarakhand
Calling for Expressions of Interest (EOI)
Uttarakhand Disaster Recovery Project
Consultancy service to design, develop, and operate a Modular Decision Support System (DSS) for Disaster Risk Management and risk-informed development planning at the Uttarakhand State Disaster Management Authority (USDMA). This is a World Bank funded project.
Expected budget: US$ 3.7 million
Submissions close: 28 March 2017
About the Project:
The envisioned DSS is expected to integrate real-time, historic, and baseline information from various sources to offer a common platform to the decision-makers for hazard monitoring and situation awareness, disaster preparedness planning, disaster forecasts and early warning, impact assessments, response and search & rescue coordination, and other actionable information. The DSS will facilitate coordination and collaboration in effectively deploying resources, manpower, and expertise for risk mitigation (before disasters), response (during and after disasters), and post-disaster recovery planning in view of the state’s high vulnerability to flash floods, floods, landslides, and earthquakes. The modular design of the DSS will also allow to monitor and manage the state’s response to accidents and forest fires in close coordination with the responsible line departments.
- Database: Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) tools, Disaster Risk Management Database and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Analytical Modules: Flash Flood Module, Flood Module, Landslide Module and Earthquake Module.
- End User Applications: Disaster Management, Char-Dham Yatra (Pilgrimage) Tracking and Disaster Response.
- Mobile Applications: Field Operative App and SMS Services.
Note: The contract term would be 2 years for design and development of the modular (DSS) and an additional 2 years for the operation and maintenance of the DSS. The firm will also build capacity in the government for operation and maintenance of the system.
- The consulting firm should have successful track record of designing, developing and operation of Decision Support Systems for Disaster Management / GIS systems for Disaster Management / Flood Early Warning Systems; for three similar assignments in India or abroad in past 5 years.
- The consulting firm should have proven expertise of working with hydro-meteorological data for floods for 2 similar assignments.
- The selected consultant should have staff capacity to provide on-site operation and maintenance support at Dehradun for all components of the Decision Support System.
Documents to be submitted with EOI:
- Introductory letter on letterhead (with complete contact details – name of contact person, mailing address, telephone, fax, email etc) explaining how the firm is best to deliver the task.
- Company Profile / Capability statements.
- Last three years audited annual report and three years’ financial statement.
- Short note along with photographs on the similar projects implemented by the Consultancy Firm pertaining to the shortlisting criteria.
- The EOI should contain sufficient supporting document to substantiate the claim of the Consultant towards their qualification as per the shortlisting criteria.
Submission should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org