Indonesia’s first Water Stewardship Forum from May 8 – 10 hosted by Alliance for Water Stewardship Asia Pacific will be held in Bogor, Indonesia.
The event will start with a free half-day open forum during which key speakers will share their experiences in working with water stewardship in Indonesia, China and Australia followed by a 2.5 day accredited training program.
The AWS International Water Stewardship Standard is a framework for implementing good water stewardship, by identifying and tackling water challenges at site and catchment level. The Standard is designed to support, recognize and reward collaborative efforts to manage and take action on shared water challenges.
Forum participants will get to hear from key speakers on their experiences working with water stewardship in their businesses and discuss the drivers and bottlenecks for implementation in Indonesia.
Training program attendees will get the knowledge and tools to become an accredited trainer, consultant and auditor on water stewardship by applying the Alliance for Water Stewardship (AWS) Standard.
Who should attend?
The training is open to all participants working in or with an interest in water governance and management. This training is particularly suited to;
- Business and Site Managers who are interested in managing water risks, and creating financial, social and environmental benefits
- Managers at multi-national organisations that are interested in managing water usage and risks within their supply chain
- Government agencies and national standard organisations interested in learning from and working with the AWS Standard in policies and programs
- Consultants interested in providing water stewardship services as auditors*, consultants or trainers
- Researchers and NGO employees working in WASH, natural resource management and/or water governance