Guiding considerations for AWP-funded activities, especially in the initial phase, will be to reflect:
- The development outcomes described in the AWP Vision and Mission
- Australia’s unique experiences and expertise in managing water scarcity and climatic extremes
- Engagement by a cross-section of water management and use sub-sectors, and International and Australian Partners
- Australia’s strategic interests across the Indo-Pacific region
- Strategic choices that offer productive long-term engagement and relationship building
The AWP will work in collaboration with international partners in aid-eligible countries in South Asia, South-East Asia, East Asia and the Pacific, and with other Indo-Pacific countries on a selective basis.