Join the team at AWP
The Australian Water Partnership (AWP) was established in 2015 to enhance the sustainable management of water resources in the Indo-Pacific region, in turn supporting inclusive economic development, improvements to water security for all and reductions in environmental and social impacts and regional tensions.
The AWP brings together public and private partners from across the Australian water sector. It links them with demand for Australian water expertise from international partners including development banks and foreign governments. It facilitates partner collaboration to plan and deliver innovative capacity-development programs that respond to water resource management challenges in developing countries. AWP does not duplicate the services of other national or international players but seeks to maximise its partners’ expertise and existing networks.
The AWP was established and is funded under a grant agreement between eWater Ltd and the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) through the Australian aid program. The AWP is responsible for the delivery of the requirements of the AWP agreement. For more information, visit the About page.
AWP Program Officer
About the job
eWater Group is an Australian Government-owned organisation supporting the environmentally sustainable management of water in Australia and around the world. eWater Group is the management agency for the DFAT funded Australian Water Partnership (AWP) program . We are looking for an exceptionally talented Program Officer to join this team..
Reporting to the AWP Strategy and Partnerships Lead, this position supports relationships and collaboration with Australian and international partners and stakeholders.
We are seeking someone who enjoys making a difference, has a high degree of initiative, an ability to learn quickly, and operates in a complex environment. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your capabilities to enhance the responsible, sustainable, and informed management of the world’s precious water resources, then this role is for you.
- Assist with the development and dissemination of new knowledge products (in different formats – publications, briefs, infographics, etc)
- Work with the Communications Manager, assist with the AWP Knowledge Hub/website and related social media/digital outreach as required.
- Support the implementation of the Partnerships Principle within the AWP Strategic Plan 2023-28
- Assist with the online partnership application process and the induction of new partners
- Maintain AWP’s partner database in collaboration with the Senior Program Officer.
- Maintain the AWP Knowledge, Events, Communications and Partnerships Calendar.
- Represent AWP at international and national events
- Support AWP-supported online and in-person events, including identifying speakers, engaging with stakeholders, managing the events plan and post-event evaluation.
- Coordinate events planning and management with the Communications Manager and the Events and Communications Officer.
- Monitor and support AWP activities through the program cycle
- Liaise with program teams to provide inputs around knowledge, communications and dissemination where needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree or higher qualifications in the area of international development or a related field
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and an ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships with internal and external colleagues and clients, including those from different cultures
- Experience with policy and procedure: documentation, implementation and enforcement
- Ability to develop practical solutions using a collaborative approach
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to the implementation of equity and workplace health and safety principles
- The position is Canberra based.
eWater aims to be an employer of choice, embracing diversity and offering family-friendly, flexible working conditions (including WFH days), EAP, bonus Christmas leave, and annual salary benchmarking reviews.
Advance your career with a new role at eWater Group. Apply now via LinkedIn.