The Australian Water Partnership is partnering with the Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) and the Australian Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment to deliver a series of high-level water seminars between Australian and Indian water professionals to foster collaboration under the bilateral water MoU.
In December 2020, the Australia-India Water Dialogue was inaugurated by The Hon. Barry O’Farrell AO, Australian High Commissioner to India and the Joint Secretary – Ministry of Jal Shakti. The first episode of the dialogue focussed on ‘Best practices in dam safety and operations management‘.
The second episode is a round table discussion focusing on water sensitive urban design opportunities and challenges. Water professionals from both countries will be sharing their experience in integrated land-use planning and zoning, with a specific focus on water.
Session 2: Water Sensitive Urban Design – Opportunities & Challenges
Date: 13 May 2021, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM (IST) / 4.00pm – 5.30pm (AEST)
Venue: Online (CISCO WebEx)
Panel Members: To be announced.
- Understand the Indian Government’s key water security initiatives like Smart Cities, Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT), etc.
- Identify upcoming opportunities in urban water management, including multi-lateral funded projects like Climate Adaptation and Resilience for South Asia (CARE), Karnataka Urban Integrated Water Management project, climate-resilient urban water and sanitation in Tamil Nadu, etc.
- Share your experience in water sensitive urban design, with fellow distinguished water professionals
- Learn best practices followed in Integrated Urban Water Management (IUWM), both Australia and India
- Connect with senior water professionals from Australia and India. Collaborate & develop partnerships
- Learn about Australian Government’s latest Australia – India Water Security Initiative (AIWASI). Efforts in providing safe and reliable access to water and sanitation services, especially for women. Improved governance of urban water systems, supporting community resilience to climate change and other water-related shocks.
Cost: Free (registration mandatory)
Mr Vinod Kumar
Director – Trade & Investment
Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade)
For more information and to register, visit the event website.