The Australian Water Partnership has partnered with the Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) and the Australian Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment to deliver a series of high-level water seminars between Australian and Indian water professionals to foster collaboration under the bilateral water MoU.
In June 2020, the Indian Prime Minister Hon’ble Mr Narendra Modi and the Australian Prime Minister Hon’ble Scott Morrison MP, elevated bilateral relationship to Comprehensive Strategic Partnership (CSP) in which water is one of the key pillars. As part of CSP, Australia and India renewed their Memorandum of Understanding on Water Resource Management to facilitate co-operation on water resource management through sharing of policy and technical experiences.
Session 1: Best practices in dam safety and operations management
Date: 10 December 2020, 10.30 am – 12.00 pm (IST) / 4.00pm – 5.30pm (AEDT)
Venue: Online (CISCO WebEx)
Join us on 10th December for a high level #Australia – #India Water Dialogue on #Water Resource Management to facilitate co-operation through sharing of policy and technical experiences and to develop partnerships between the two nations.
— Austrade India (@AustradeIndia) December 7, 2020
- Shri. Gajendra Singh Shekhawat ji – Honourable Minister of Jal Shakti, Government of India (TBC)
- The Hon Barry O’Farrell AO – Australian High Commissioner to India
- Mr Pramod Narayan – Project Director DRIP, Central Water Commission, Government of India
- Mr Marcus Wishart – Lead Water Resource Specialist, World Bank
- Mr Michael Wilson – Chief Executive, Australian Water Partnership
- Ms Tammy Chu – Managing Director, Entura, Australia
- Mr Peter Hill – Managing Director, HARC, Australia
- Understand the Indian Government’s ambitious Dam Rehabilitation & Improvement Project (DRIP) Phase II & III, funded by the World Bank & Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- Hear about best practices on dam safety and operations management in Australia and India
- Organise B2B e-Meetings (offline) and develop partnerships
Cost: Free (registration mandatory)
Find out more and register here.
Mr Vinod Kumar
Director – Water Resource Management, Austrade