Date: Monday 8 November 2021, Adaptation & Resilience Day, 5–6.30pm AEDT / 6–7.30am BST
Venue: Online – Livestreamed via YouTube
The Australian Water Partnership is hosting a 90-minute storytelling virtual event to highlight voices and stories from the Asia-Pacific region at the 26th Conference of the Parties (COP26) to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change. As a socioecological approach is needed to understand climate risk in our region, and design effective solutions, we will learn through case studies about locally-led adaptation in water.
The session will take place at the first-ever Water & Climate Pavilion in the Blue Zone—the UN-managed space for international climate change negotiations—and also livestreamed for the public.
- Bradley Moggridge, Kamilaroi Water Scientist, Associate Professor in Indigenous Water Science, Indigenous Liaison Officer – Threatened Species Recovery Hub, Centre for Applied Water Science, University of Canberra
- Gracia Plenita Agnindhira, Knowledge Coordinator, Alliance for Water Stewardship Indonesia
- Milika Sobey, Program Manager Pacific Islands, The Asia Foundation
- Neeta Pokhrel, Chief of Water Sector Group, Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department, Asian Development Bank
- Phil Duncan, Moree New South Wales, Member Gomeroi Nation Native Title Claimant Group, Alluvium Consulting
- Dave Hebblethwaite, Secretariat of the Pacific Community
- Semi Lotawa, Co-Founder Rise Beyond the Reef
Tell us your water story
Do you have a story about water and resilience in the Asia-Pacific? We would love to hear it. Share it with us on Twitter by tagging #COP26waterstories and @WaterPartnersAU. We will be sharing all water stories together as a Twitter Moment and it will be shown at our COP26 session on 8 November to amplify the importance of water and climate. You can still contribute even after the session and COP26 is over. View the Twitter Moment.
To find out more, contact our Partnerships & Impact Lead, Sarah Ransom: Contact us
Anyone, anywhere in the world, can view our event and other sessions in the Water & Climate Pavilion without registration: waterforclimate.net
For more information on COP26, visit our Water and Climate page.