Gender Equality and Goal 6 – The Critical Connection: An Australian Perspective
This publication presents key issues pertinent to the relationship between SDG 5 and SDG 6, including:
• water governance and gender inequalities;
• climate change, resilience and disaster-risk reduction and gender equality;
• sustainable cities, human settlements and gender;
• water data and gender;
• valuing water and gender; and
• gender and universal access to safe water and sanitation.
Throughout this publication, a range of case studies from Australian based organisations and partners are
presented, providing an ‘Australian Perspective’ on the critical connection between gender equality and
inclusion, water resources management and WASH in international work.