GMW manages 70% of the water catchment, storage and distribution for Victoria. As the largest Irrigation and Drainage Authority in Australia, GMW is a major contributor to and implementer of the Water for Victoria Policy and many related policies on water quality, environmental sustainability and equitable use.
- Managing the supply, delivery and drainage of water for our irrigation and water districts
- Providing flood protection, salinity mitigation and maintenance of infrastructure for our irrigation water districts
- Delivering the Connections $2B modernisation project for the benefit of 26,000 customers and the
- Facilitation hydroelectricity generation
- Operating salinity mitigation works
- Harvesting, storing and managing water in our reservoirs and dams
- Managing catchment areas and water quality, including Blue Green Algae controls