About Sentinel Pty Ltd
Sentinel Pty Ltd was founded in 2000 and is a privately-owned, Australian-based environmental services company that specializes in the design, implementation and operation of remote environmental monitoring systems. The company is currently working on active projects in a number of countries, including Australia, Chile, Tanzania, Philippines, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Zambia and Mali.
Sentinel was named as the Australian Capital Territory Exporter of the Year for 2009 and also named in Business Review Weekly’s Fast 100 for the same year.
Sentinel have extensive experience deploying and managing environmental monitoring systems and programs for organizations across the world. All Sentinel field staff have hydrographic certification from the Australian Hydrographers Association and understand:
- Best-practice monitoring
- Security requirements for monitoring equipment in remote locations
- Environmental monitoring hardware – latest technology and sensors
- Data transfer systems – satellite, radio telemetry & cellular
- Teaming with local people for installation projects, such as weir construction
- Field processes, safety and remote field-work contexts
- Data management, quality control and environmental reporting