Opportunities in India via World Bank: Bihar Kosi Basin & Ganga Basin
Calling for Expressions of Interest (EOI)
Project 1: Bihar Kosi Basin Development Project
Consultancy Services for managing Mathematical Modelling Centre (MMC) of the Centre of Excellence for Water Resources Research & Development under the Government of Bihar, Water Resources Department.
Water Resources Department, Government of Bihar is setting up a Centre for Water Resources Research & Development in two stages viz: (i) Mathematical Modelling Centre at Patna, and (ii) Physical Modelling Centre at Birpur (Supaul). The overall objective of the proposed Consultancy Services is to develop sustainable internal capacity in the Water Resources Department to independently carry out mathematical modelling for various facets of water resources development including flood and sediment management, erosion management of Ganga basin in general and rivers of Northern Bihar like Kosi, Bagmati, Mahananda and Gandak in particular.
Documents to be submitted for EOI:
- Capability documents/brochures.
- Past projects summary (similar projects undertaken in the past).
- CVs of appropriate staffs.
- Last three years financial statements.
- Letter from clients as a proof of completing similar assignments.
- Certificate of registration of the firm.
- Any other related documents.
- The firm should have been in consulting business for at least 10 years.
- The firms shall be financially sound with an average turnover of more than INR 200 million during the previous five years.
- The firm should have experience of similar/related assignment including in studies of river basins that incorporate: flood and sediment modelling and management, inundation mapping, impact forecasting, early warning generation and dissemination systems, GIS/database management, etc.
- The firm should have experts with expertise in hydrological and hydraulic modelling, river morphology, Decision Support System development, institutional development, management support, training, etc.
- The firm should preferably have working experience with externally funded projects, e.g. World Bank, ADB, etc.
Indicative Budget: US$ 2 million
Further Details: Bihar Kosi Basin Development Project EOI
Submissions close: 4:00 p.m. (IST) on Thursday, 16 March 2017
Project 2: National Mission for Clean Ganga Basin
Consultancy Services to undertake multi-disciplinary ‘Strategic Environmental, Economic and Social Assessment (SEESA)’ through a systematic and comprehensive compilation and generation of baseline information on environment, social and economic parameters for the entire Ganga Basin.
The scope of the assignment shall include; i) Scoping environmental, economic and social issues; ii) Develop environmental, social and economic baselines for project area (using GIS where possible); iii) Envisioning the future of the Ganges Basin; iv) Analyze environmental, social and economic implications of future scenarios; v) Stakeholder consultation and outreach; vi) Develop strategic action plan.
Desired Technical Criteria:
- Must have experience of conducting strategic, sectoral, regional, or project specific environmental and social assessments for river basins, coastal zones, and ecologically or environmentally sensitive areas spread over multiple cities.
- Must have experience in regional planning.
- Must have successfully completed at least three assignments of a similar nature in the last 10 calendar years.
Desired Financial Criteria:
- Average annual turnover for the last three years should not be less than US$ 2 million.
- The net profit figure for the last three financial years as mentioned above should not be negative.
Indicative Budget: US$ 3 million
Further Details: National Mission for Clean Ganga EOI
Submissions close: 4:00 p.m. (IST) on Friday, 3 March 2017 (Austrade is happy to put in a request for extension if there is interest)
For assistance with the EOI submission, please contact:
Vijay Kumar | Water & Environment – South Asia
Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade)
1/50 G, Shanti Path, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, India
T +91 11 4575 6226 | F +91 11 4149 4491 | M +91 98 1008 4028
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.austrade.gov.au