The Australian Water Partnership (AWP) is seeking a Program Officer to join its team. The AWP is a DFAT-funded government grant, managed by eWater. The AWP Program team is based in Canberra and works with partners and stakeholders across Australia and internationally. We are an organisation working to achieve social and public good outcomes in the international development sector, and we are committed to a strong team culture.
Position responsibilities, under direction:
- Ensure the Project Management System is kept up-to-date and utilise it to generate reports as required;
- Prepare documentation for contracts and agreements;
- Liaise with key stakeholders in relation to projects/activity contracts, financial and administrative matters;
- Reconcile invoices against contracts/agreements and arrange authorisation for payment;
- Provide administrative support across a range of tasks, as required;
- Support marketing and communications activities as needed.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders;
- Represent the AWP and eWater in a positive and professional manner.
- an easy-going person with a high level of motivation, focus and initiative. You have the ability to quickly and easily form relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- keen to work in the Development/Aid sector and utilise your international knowledge and/or experience (particularly in the Indo-Pacific Region);
- able to focus on your core job, ensuring attention to detail and meeting deliverables, whilst adding value to the broader organisation.
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency is a requirement for appointment to this position;
- at least two years’ relevant experience, and education and training, in relation to program support structures and administration;
- any knowledge and/or experience in the following is highly desirable:
- program/project management;
- water management projects in developing countries;
- use of project management software systems.
- This is a fixed term position of up to four years based on business requirements and continuing DFAT funding of the Australian Water Partnership Grant.
- Located in Bruce, there is easy public transport and parking available.
- www.ewater.org.au & www.waterpartnership.org.au
- Applications by 25 March to firstname.lastname@example.org